40th Chicago Latino Film Festival Poster Contest
The Chicago Latino Film Festival celebrates its 40th Anniversary next year! For four decades, the Festival has introduced to Chicago audiences the most representative and diverse selection of films from throughout Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain, Portugal and the United States. The Chicago Latino Film Festival is the oldest festival of its kind in the United States.
Every year, we invite artists from around the world to submit a poster concept in a competition. The winning design becomes the face of the Festival as it will be on the cover of newsprint programs, invitations, program books, electronic ads, t-shirts, Festival trailer, social media platforms and more.
WINNER RECEIVES $1,000!
- Poster image should reflect the Festival’s core mission of presenting and celebrating Iberoamerica’s diverse cultures.
- The number 40 should be incorporated into the design. It could also, in some way, reference our history. We invite participants to look at past posters and to even look at last year’s program for inspiration (https://chicagolatinofilmfestival.org/).
- Entries can explore the many ways films are being made today.
- Avoid referring to one country or to a specific cultural artifact; the Festival represents a wide variety of countries and cultural traditions. The poster should reflect this multiplicity.
- Avoid overt stereotypes and symbology. The design should be in good taste.
- We want to see your creative genius—we will absolutely not accept any work produced with AI.
- Contest is open to all artists. Entries will be accepted from individuals, collaborative teams or design firms.
- Deadline: Entries must be received by Tuesday, January 9, 2024
- Limit 3 entries per person, team or firm.
- There is no cost to submit.
- Only digital copies will be accepted.
- Entries will be evaluated based on appeal, content and marketability.
- Design must be easily translated to a variety of mediums.
All artwork must incorporate:
40th Chicago Latino Film Festival
April 11-21, 2024
Submissions must be:
JPEG or PNG format – 18’’ wide x 24’’ high (Vertical)
150 DPI (RGB)
Please fill out the submission form on chicagolatinofilmfestival.org and upload your poster image. If you are having issues uploading your poster, you can email it along with your contact information (Name, email, city/state/country) to email@example.com.
Entrants must own full copyright to the design submitted, which they must be able to certify, upon request. By submitting your entry to this poster contest, all entrants hereby acknowledge and affirm that the Chicago Latino Film Festival will have the unlimited right to use or display entries submitted for this competition at any time and in any manner. Uses may include, but are not limited to, print or electronic publications, promotional brochures, posters, merchandise, or other corporate communications materials.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Entries must be received by Tuesday January 9, 2024
Tuesday January 23, 2024